Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 1, The Fast has officially started!

WHAT A DAY!!!!

It was a great day until about 6pm. That's when hunger struck! But I was strong and I didn't eat a thing! But before I get into the details let me just share the 3 things I'd like to achieve by fasting.

#1: I want to gain discipline and self control. By fasting I am quitting so many of my bad habits COLD TURKEY! My eating habits are so poor that it's a shame! So after the fast I'll start making healthy choices, and I'll avoid the sugar to prevent a relapse.  If you can break bad eating habits, you can do anything. Rather recognized or not, sugar addicts are real! I know for sure that if I am strong enough to change my diet, I can change so much more in my life.. IT'S TIME TO TAKE CONTROL!

#2: I want to take this time to really analyze my self and my life and do some reprioritizing. Fasting + Prayer = POWER! When you fast you have a much better insight on things. Your mind is clear and you have the ability to focus.

#3: I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT! I'm sure this is a common reason and for some it's the only reason, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not comfortable with my body right now and I've decided to do something about it. If you have too...Congratulations!

Okay! So on Friday morning I started my transition. I weighed in at 143.8, my goal weight is 110 lbs. This morning when I woke up I weighed in at 138.3!!! WOW! (It may have been water weight, I'm not sure) Anyway, I've been working on drinking more water but I must admit it's been a challenge. Today I drank 3 bottles total. I know I should be drinking at least 4 bottles but I haven't got there yet. Physically I was okay. I expected to be very fatigued and grouchy but surprisingly I was my normal self! Like I said it wasn't until the evening that I started to feel hungry, but I put on my game face and drank a nice cold bottle of water. I think I'll start going to bed a little earlier to prevent the hunger attacks. I'm usually a night eater so I think it will help. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment