Sunday, June 28, 2015

Preparation

In prep for my new challenge, the water fast that is, I've taken 3 days to transition. During these 3 days I set food boundaries, I've limited myself to fruits and veggies only along with water...These were my written rules at least. I set goals for myself, I also identified things about myself that I felt needed improvement. I've taken the time to identify some of my weaknesses in life, review some of my failures, and I've listed a few focal points to which I'd like to concentrate on, and I've planned interventions to how I think I can change these things, or Improve anyway.

One thing I know about myself is that I have a problem with committing and consistency. Things get rough and I QUIT! But one thing that keeps me going is an audience....Why???? Because I don't like to fail in front of others. That's one reason for the blog! So I'll give a brief summary of how my 3 transition days went. Know that with each day came difficulty, but I reflected on each day to make improvements for the next.

Day 1: Started off well, but ended in catastrophe! I worked hard all day to control myself, I stayed busy all day and finally I had a nice side salad from chick fil a, I used a light Italian dressing because there is no way I can just eat plain lettuce! (Eeeww!!!!) The salad along with a bottle of water was actually quite satisfying. I was fine until I went to visit my parent's house...The dieter's disaster zone! I tried, I really REALLY tried....but temptation got the best of me. My mom had donuts sitting on the kitchen counter so I started out JUST taking a bite. Next thing you know I ate the whole thing, followed by a slice of pizza and a few golden oreos. (Those things are like crack by the way.) So yeah I failed at day 1. I almost wanted to start over again, which has been a bad habit of mine, ( I never get past day1) but instead I decided to push on. I remembered that I've set these 3 days aside to transition, and transitioning doesn't mean you suddenly change. So I promised myself that tomorrow would be better, and it would count as day 2, and it was!

Day 2: So much better! I prepared my food ahead of time so that I wouldn't reach for those packaged convenient snacks. I had melon, and cucumbers. I did go back to my parents house, but I was more careful and I avoided the kitchen. I also took my food with me. I refused to have a replay of yesterday! I soaked my cucumbers in vinegar which also helped....It kinda killed my appetite. The only issue I had today was that I didn't drink enough water. So Ill try harder tomorrow to be more conscious of my water consumption.

Day 3: For some reason today has been difficult. All I can think about is that today is my last chance to eat... so within the limitations I set for myself, I savored every bite. I ate a hefty chuck of watermelon, some left over cucumbers, steamed broccoli, and the sweetest honey dew melon I think I've ever tasted. The hardest part was cooking for my family. Today of all days, my daughter decided she wanted pancakes and she wanted her syrup to be heated. I almost drooled. Dinner was worse.... The aroma almost killed me. I almost took a bite, BUT I DIDN'T! I'm so proud of myself. Today I still didn't drink enough water....But surely this will improve...Soon Water will be all I have, after all this IS a WATER fast!

Tomorrow is where it begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment